The ‘Modus Operandi’ of HSBC


Normally I ignore anything to do with the IAC, AAP and Arvind Kejriwal but comments on the  YouTube CobraPost Videos drawing parallels with HSBC got me googling to see what all the noise was about.

Following are the statements of three people who had opened accounts in Dubai, Zurich and Geneva with HSBC Bank,given when they were questioned under Section 132 (4)/133A of the Income Tax Act, 1961: Read more of this post

Julius Baer Lifestyle Index

wealthymattersThe government may publish inflation figures fortnightly,but these are for industrial workers,agricultural workers etc.Inflation obviously varies depending on a persons lifestyle and consumption habits.Have you ever wondered whether there is an increase in the cost of living a luxurious lifestyle?If so by how much?

Now there is a way to answer all these questions.The Swiss Private bank Julius Baer has constructed a Lifestyle Index to capture the rise in price of luxurious living in Asia.

The Julius Baer Lifestyle Index is based on a basket of 20 luxury goods and services that represent discretionary purchases of HNWI in the four major Asian cities: Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Mumbai. Properties are accorded the highest weight of 30% and cars the next highest weight at 10%.The list does not purport to represent the comprehensive spending patterns of HNWI in the region,but rather an indication of how various items they spend on have risen by. While properties and cars have a combined 40% weight, Julius Baer has given an equal weight for the other 18 items in the index to sum to 60%. Read more of this post

%d bloggers like this: