A Salute To Mumbai
December 1, 2014 Leave a comment
Mumbai is the financial as well as commercial capital of India generating
- 6.16% (i. e. $209 billion) of India’s total GDP.
- 10% of factory employment
- 25% of industrial output
- 33% of income tax collections
- 60% of customs duty collections
- 20% of central excise tax collections
- 40% of India’s foreign trade
- Rs. 4,000 crores (US$888 million) in corporate taxes
- 70% of maritime trade in India and
- 70% of capital transactions in the nation’s economy.