December 28, 2012 Leave a comment
Take the quiz below to figure out if you are ready to quit your job and become a full time entrepreneur.
For Whom Wealth Matters
October 30, 2012 2 Comments
Eike Batista is Brazil’s richest person and ranked 7 in the world.In his book ‘O X da Questão’, translated:’The Heart of the Matter’ he recounts his trajectory in the business world and offers tips on entrepreneurship.Following are excerpts from the book:
1. “Nobody is happy alone. To share experiences is always a good thing.”
2. “You grown as a person when you face your own challenges, or stressful moments, as I like to say. A good entrepreneur must be prepared to evolve in adversity.”
3. “The good seller is the one who is also a good listener.”
4.“Believe in yourself. If you doubt in yourself, you won’t be able to face your co-workers. Or the market, for that matter.”
5. “Don’t quit on the first adversity. Believe in your intuition, but try to be down to earth as well, paying attention to research and polls.”
6. “Don’t think you are unstoppable or foolproof. Don’t think that the only way your business will work is through perfection. Don’t aim for perfection. Aim for success.” Read more of this post
July 29, 2012 9 Comments
1. “In every crisis, there is opportunity.”
Most entrepreneurial ventures arise from a solving a problem. If you are faced with a problem, craft a solution and sell that solution to others.
2. “Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.”
Entrepreneurship starts with an idea and ends with a destiny. You craft your destiny with your actions, habits and character. You make your destiny, it doesn’t make you.
3. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
Aside from 20 years ago, there is no better time to start a business than today.
4. “If you want one year of prosperity, grow grain. If you want ten years of prosperity, grow trees. If you want one hundred years of prosperity, grow people.”
The goal of every entrepreneur should be to start a business and find capable people to run the business so that they don’t have to. Read more of this post
June 15, 2012 3 Comments
Great description of the different type of entrepreneurs.
Originally posted on A Life Well Lived:
Let’s take a break from life insurance for a minute and talk about business. One of the most interesting job titles a person can have besides Ice Cream Taste Tester or International Super Spy would have to be the almighty “Entrepreneur.” There’s just something about that word that’s mysteriously interesting and hip all at the same time. Maybe because it screams “Hey! Look at me! I’m different than most people! I’m my own boss!” I’d have to agree — I’d be more interested in listening to someone with “entrepreneur” as their job title rather than an “account representative” any day of the week. However, not all entrepreneurs are created equal. I’d much rather speak with the CEO of Tesla Motors as opposed to the creator of Throx. I have no problem with people calling themselves entrepreneurs, but if they do, I often wonder what category of entrepreneur they fall…
View original 615 more words
June 13, 2012 3 Comments
Great List Of Free Resources For Bootstrapped Start-ups.
Originally posted on Bennis Public Relations Inc:
I’m always thrilled to stumble upon a web site, phone app or piece of technology that is designed to help a small business give the image of a large corporation. Small businesses don’t have the disposable income or office structure to support the expense of big machines like faxes and scanners, to purchase multiple business phone lines or to pay for a full time accountant. Instead, we become the Jack-of-All-Trades. Sure we’re the CEO’s, but we’re also the billing department, human resources, administrative assistants and IT. I choose to work from home because I love minimizing my overhead costs (and working from a local park or in my pajamas from time to time). But one aspect I DON’T love about working from home is the reaction I sometimes get when I say I run my Public Relations Firm just a few doors down from the same place I sleep and…
View original 817 more words
January 7, 2012 Leave a comment
Feel like a movie over the weekend?Might I suggest Rocket Singh – Salesman of the Year? Here is a link to the complete movie http://www.hindilinks4u.net/2009/12/rocket-singh-salesman-of-the-year-2009.html
The movie is about how Rocket Singh becomes an entrepreneur.I watched this flick a couple of years back when it was newly released and I remember liking it a lot.I hope to feel the same tonight.If you have not caught this film as yet I urge you to do so.It’s well worth the time
BTW I hear that these days it’s part of some b-school’s course work.So watch,have fun,learn and maybe feel a bit virtuous too.Ciao!I’m off to watch the movie!